Georgia Property Tax Assessors

Wilkes County, Georgia Tax Assessors' Office

Wilkes County Assessors Phone Number
Wilkes County Tax Assessor
23 East Court Street, Suite 202
Washington, Georgia 30673

Where is the Wilkes County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Wilkes County Tax Assessor Records Office is located at 23 East Court Street, Suite 202 in Washington, Georgia.

What can the Wilkes County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Wilkes County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Wilkes County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Wilkes County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Wilkes County Assessor's Office at (706) 678 7732 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Wilkes County Facts:

The median home value in Wilkes County is between $78,422.00 and $90,978.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Wilkes County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Wilkes County links are not working or are out-of-date.