Town of Thomaston, Maine Tax Assessors' Office
170 Main Street
Thomaston, Maine 04861
Where is the Town of Thomaston Tax Assessor's Office?
Town of Thomaston is a locality in Knox County, Maine. Unlike many other areas where property taxes are collected on a county level, Town of Thomaston has its own tax assessor's office. If your property is located in a different Knox County locality, see that page for tax assessor's information.
|City of Rockland||Town of Camden||Town of Hope||Town of North Haven||Town of Rockport|
|Town of Saint George||Town of Thomaston||Town of Union||Town of Warren||Town of Washington|
What can the Town of Thomaston Assessor's Office do for me?
The Town of Thomaston Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Town of Thomaston.
Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.
Submitting a Town of Thomaston property tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call the Town of Thomaston Assessor's Office at (207) 354 6107 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
Useful Town of Thomaston Facts:
The median home value in Town of Thomaston is between $196,536.00 and $211,064.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
How can I contact Knox County?
You can try contacting the Knox County local government directly with any issues the Assessor's Office can't solve. In many counties, certain property records such as deeds are kept in the county courthouse or county archives instead of at the tax assessors' office.
The county seat for Knox County is located in the Superior Court in Rockland, which is where the Town of Thomaston Assessors' Office is also located. You can direct your general inquiries to Knox County with the contact info listed below.
Knox County Phone Number
Knox County Superior Court Address
62 Union Street
Rockland, ME 04841-2836
Useful Knox County Links:
- Town of Camden - Tax Maps
- City of Rockland - Property Transfers
- City of Rockland - Tax Bills
- Town of Cushing - Tax Maps
- Town of Union - Tax Commitment Books, Tax Bills & Tax Maps
- Town of Thomaston View by map number
- Town of Saint George - Real Estate Values
- Town of Thomaston Government Homepage
- Town of Washington - Tax Commitment Books & Tax Maps
- Town of Owls Head - Tax Commitment Books, Map & Lot Listing, & Tax Maps
- Town of Hope - Tax Maps
- City of Rockland - Property Tax Search
- Town of Thomaston - Archived Maps
- Town of Warren - Tax Commitment, Tax Bills & Tax Maps
- Town of Rockport - Tax Maps
- Town of Thomaston - Property Tax Payments
- Town of Camden - Property Tax Search
- City of Rockland - Tax Maps
- Town of Rockport - Property Tax Search
- Town of South Thomaston - Property Tax Search
- Town of Thomaston View by owner
- Town of Hope - Property Tax Payments
- Town of Thomaston View by account number
- Town of Thomaston - Tax Commitment Books, Map & Lot Listing, & Tax Maps
- Town of Thomaston View by month, newsletters, and ordinances including addressing ordinance, floodplain ordinance, shoreland zoning ordinance, or more
- Town of Saint George - Tax Maps
- Town of Thomaston View by name
- City of Rockland - Tax Commitments
- Town of Thomaston Assessors' Office Homepage
- Town of Saint George - Property Tax Search