Town of Winterport, Maine Tax Assessors' Office
20 School Street
Winterport, Maine 04496
Where is the Town of Winterport Tax Assessor's Office?
Town of Winterport is a locality in Waldo County, Maine. Unlike many other areas where property taxes are collected on a county level, Town of Winterport has its own tax assessor's office. If your property is located in a different Waldo County locality, see that page for tax assessor's information.
|City of Belfast||Town of Brooks||Town of Islesboro||Town of Liberty||Town of Lincolnville|
|Town of Northport||Town of Searsport||Town of Stockton Springs||Town of Winterport|
What can the Town of Winterport Assessor's Office do for me?
The Town of Winterport Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Town of Winterport.
Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.
Submitting a Town of Winterport property tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call the Town of Winterport Assessor's Office at (207) 223 5055 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
Useful Town of Winterport Facts:
The median home value in Town of Winterport is between $145,297.00 and $155,303.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
How can I contact Waldo County?
You can try contacting the Waldo County local government directly with any issues the Assessor's Office can't solve. In many counties, certain property records such as deeds are kept in the county courthouse or county archives instead of at the tax assessors' office.
The county seat for Waldo County is located in the in Belfast, which is located at 39B Spring St. You can direct your general inquiries to Waldo County with the contact info listed below.
Waldo County Phone Number
Waldo County Fax Number
Waldo County Address
39B Spring St
Belfast, ME 04915-6439
Useful Waldo County Links:
- Town of Winterport Assessors' Office Homepage
- Northport Village Corporation Real Estate Taxes
- Town of Unity - Tax Maps
- Town of Palermo - Tax Maps
- Town of Liberty - Property Records
- Town of Searsport - Maps
- Town of Monroe - Tax Maps
- Town of Stockton Springs - Tax Maps
- Town of Northport - Tax Maps
- City of Belfast - Tax Maps
- Town of Thorndike - Tax Maps
- Town of Searsport - Tax Commitment Book
- Town of Palermo - Tax Committment Book
- Town of Morrill - Tax Maps
- Town of Brooks - Tax Commitment Book
- Town of Lincolnville - Tax Commitment Book
- Town of Northport - Map & Lot Book
- City of Belfast - Property Assessment Search
- Town of Winterport Government Homepage
- City of Belfast - Property Tax Commitment Books
- Town of Winterport - Property Tax Search
- Town of Islesboro - Tax Maps
- Town of Unity - Tax Commitment Books
- City of Belfast Resolutions & Meeting Minutes & Agendas
- Town of Winterport - Online Payments
- Town of Liberty - Tax Maps
- Town of Lincolnville - Tax Maps
- Town of Brooks - Tax Maps
- Town of Stockton Springs - Tax Commitment Books & Map & Lot Listing
- Town of Morrill - Tax Commitment Book
- Town of Winterport Tax Records