Cheshire County, New Hampshire Tax Assessors' Office
Where is the Cheshire County Tax Assessor's Office?
While many counties have county-wide tax assessors, Cheshire County has sixteen cities and towns with their own local tax assessors. If your property is located within any of these localities, see that page for your tax assessor's contact information.
Submitting a Cheshire County property tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call the Cheshire County Assessor's Office (or your town or city assessor's office) and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
Useful Cheshire County Facts:
The median home value in Cheshire County is between $197,408.00 and $206,192.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
How can I contact Cheshire County?
You can try contacting the Cheshire County local government directly with any issues the Assessor's Office can't solve. In many counties, certain property records such as deeds are kept in the county courthouse or county archives instead of at the tax assessors' office.
The county seat for Cheshire County is located in the Administration Buiding in Keene, which is located at 33 West St. You can direct your general inquiries to Cheshire County with the contact info listed below.
Cheshire County Phone Number
Cheshire County Fax Number
Cheshire County Administration Buiding Address
33 West St
Keene, NH 03431-3361
Useful Cheshire County Links:
- Town of Rindge - Property Tax Search
- Town of Rindge - Tax Maps
- Town of Hinsdale - Property Tax Search
- Town of Winchester - Property Tax Search
- Town of Harrisville - Tax Maps
- City of Keene - Property Tax Search
- Town of Sullivan - Archive Collections
- Cheshire County Government Homepage
- Town of Alstead Public Documents
- Town of Swanzey - Property Tax Search
- Town of Marlow - Property Maps
- Town of Fitzwilliam - Property Tax Search
- Town of Stoddard - Tax Maps
- Town of Troy - Property Records
- Town of Jaffrey - Property Tax Search