City of Somersworth, New Hampshire Tax Assessors' Office
One Government Way
Somersworth, New Hampshire 03878
Where is the City of Somersworth Tax Assessor's Office?
City of Somersworth is a locality in Strafford County, New Hampshire. Unlike many other areas where property taxes are collected on a county level, City of Somersworth has its own tax assessor's office. If your property is located in a different Strafford County locality, see that page for tax assessor's information.
|City of Dover||City of Rochester||City of Somersworth||Town of Barrington||Town of Durham|
|Town of Farmington||Town of Lee||Town of Madbury||Town of Middleton||Town of Milton|
|Town of New Durham||Town of Strafford|
What can the City of Somersworth Assessor's Office do for me?
The City of Somersworth Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in City of Somersworth.
Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.
Submitting a City of Somersworth property tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call the City of Somersworth Assessor's Office at (603) 692 9518 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
Useful City of Somersworth Facts:
The median home value in City of Somersworth is between $226,060.00 and $232,140.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
How can I contact Strafford County?
You can try contacting the Strafford County local government directly with any issues the Assessor's Office can't solve. In many counties, certain property records such as deeds are kept in the county courthouse or county archives instead of at the tax assessors' office.
The county seat for Strafford County is located in the County Courthouse in Dover, which is located at PO BOX 799. You can direct your general inquiries to Strafford County with the contact info listed below.
Strafford County Phone Number
Strafford County Fax Number
Strafford County County Courthouse Address
PO BOX 799
Dover, NH 03821-0799
Useful Strafford County Links:
- Town of Middleton - Tax Maps
- Town of Lee - Tax Maps
- Town of New Durham - Tax & Feature Maps
- Town of Milton - Tax Bill Search
- Town of Madbury - Property Tax Search
- City of Rochester - Property Tax Search
- Town of Durham - Tax Maps
- City of Somersworth - Property Sales Records
- City of Somersworth Government Homepage
- Town of Strafford - Tax Maps
- City of Somersworth View by owner or location
- City of Rochester - Tax Map Search
- City of Somersworth GIS Maps
- City of Somersworth Assessors' Office Homepage
- Town of Middleton - Property Tax Search
- Town of New Durham - Property Tax Search
- Town of Lee - Property Tax Search
- Town of Strafford - Property Tax Search
- City of Rochester - Tax Maps
- City of Dover - Property Records
- City of Somersworth View by location or owner name from
- Town of Farmington - Tax Maps
- City of Dover - Tax Maps
- Town of Durham - Property Tax Search