, Rhode Island Tax Assessors' Office
Where is theTax Assessor's Office?
While many counties have county-wide tax assessors,has fifteen cities and towns with their own local tax assessors. If your property is located within any of these localities, see that page for your tax assessor's contact information.
Submitting aproperty tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call theAssessor's Office (or your town or city assessor's office) and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
The median home value inis between $256,152.00 and $259,848.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
- Town of North Smithfield - Property Tax Search
- Town of Smithfield - Tax Bill Search
- View by account number and name
- Search by address, owner name, or property ID
- Town of Scituate - Tax Maps
- Town of Burrillville - Property Tax Search
- Town of Scituate - Property Tax Search
- Town of Glocester - GIS Plat Maps
- Search by property ID, owner name, or address
- Town of Foster - Property Tax Search
- City of East Providence - Property Tax Search
- Town of Johnston - Property Tax Search
- City of Woonsocket - Property Tax Search
- View by number
- City of Pawtucket - Property Tax Search
- City of Providence - Property Tax Search
- View by number
- City of Central Falls - Property Tax Search
- City of Central Falls Plat & Lot Maps
- City of Cranston - Property Tax Search
- City of East Providence City Maps
- Search by address or owner name
- Search by address, owner name, or Parcel ID
- City of Providence - GIS Map
- Town of North Smithfield - Tax Bill Search
- City of Woonsocket - Tax Bill Search
- Town of Smithfield - Property Tax Search
- Search by address, property ID, or owner name
- Town of North Providence - Property Tax Search
- Town of Glocester - Property Tax Search
- View by plat and section
- Town of Lincoln - Property Tax Search
- Search by owner name, location, or account number
- Town of Cumberland - Property Tax Search
A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined variable: LocalityName
Line Number: 266