South Dakota Property Tax Assessors

Edmunds County, South Dakota Tax Assessors' Office

Edmunds County Assessors Phone Number
Edmunds County Director of Equalization
210 Second Avenue
Ipswich, South Dakota 57451

Where is the Edmunds County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Edmunds County Tax Assessor, Director of Equalization Office is located at 210 Second Avenue in Ipswich, South Dakota.

What can the Edmunds County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Edmunds County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Edmunds County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Edmunds County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Edmunds County Assessor's Office at (605) 426 6841 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Edmunds County Facts:

The median home value in Edmunds County is between $61,130.00 and $79,470.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Edmunds County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Edmunds County links are not working or are out-of-date.