South Dakota Property Tax Assessors

Hyde County, South Dakota Tax Assessors' Office

Hyde County Assessors Phone Number
Hyde County Director of Equalization
412 Commercial Avenue SE
Highmore, South Dakota 57345

Where is the Hyde County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Hyde County Tax Assessor, Director of Equalization Office is located at 412 Commercial Avenue SE in Highmore, South Dakota.

What can the Hyde County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Hyde County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Hyde County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Hyde County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Hyde County Assessor's Office at (605) 852 2070 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Hyde County Facts:

The median home value in Hyde County is between $53,157.00 and $80,043.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Hyde County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Hyde County links are not working or are out-of-date.