South Dakota Property Tax Assessors

Jerauld County, South Dakota Tax Assessors' Office

Jerauld County Assessors Phone Number
Jerauld County Director of Equalization
205 South Wallace
Wessington Springs, South Dakota 57382

Where is the Jerauld County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Jerauld County Tax Assessor, Director of Equalization Office is located at 205 South Wallace in Wessington Springs, South Dakota.

What can the Jerauld County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Jerauld County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Jerauld County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Jerauld County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Jerauld County Assessor's Office at (605) 539 9701 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Jerauld County Facts:

The median home value in Jerauld County is between $51,177.00 and $73,223.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Jerauld County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Jerauld County links are not working or are out-of-date.