South Dakota Property Tax Assessors

Tripp County, South Dakota Tax Assessors' Office

Tripp County Assessors Phone Number
Tripp County Director of Equalization
200 East 3rd Street
Winner, South Dakota 57580

Where is the Tripp County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Tripp County Tax Assessor, Director of Equalization Office is located at 200 East 3rd Street in Winner, South Dakota.

What can the Tripp County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Tripp County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Tripp County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Tripp County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Tripp County Assessor's Office at (605) 842 2300 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Tripp County Facts:

The median home value in Tripp County is between $59,574.00 and $79,226.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Tripp County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Tripp County links are not working or are out-of-date.