Georgia Property Tax Assessors

Towns County, Georgia Tax Assessors' Office

Towns County Assessors Phone Number
Towns County Tax Assessor
48 River Street, Suite G
Hiawassee, Georgia 30546
Towns County Assessors Fax Number 706-896-6980 (Fax)

Where is the Towns County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Towns County Tax Assessor Records Office is located at 48 River Street, Suite G in Hiawassee, Georgia.

What can the Towns County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Towns County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Towns County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Towns County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Towns County Assessor's Office at (706) 896 3984 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Towns County Facts:

The median home value in Towns County is between $173,778.00 and $215,422.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Towns County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Towns County links are not working or are out-of-date.