Strafford County, New Hampshire Tax Assessors' Office
Where is the Strafford County Tax Assessor's Office?
While many counties have county-wide tax assessors, Strafford County has twelve cities and towns with their own local tax assessors. If your property is located within any of these localities, see that page for your tax assessor's contact information.
|City of Dover||City of Rochester||City of Somersworth||Town of Barrington||Town of Durham|
|Town of Farmington||Town of Lee||Town of Madbury||Town of Middleton||Town of Milton|
|Town of New Durham||Town of Strafford|
Submitting a Strafford County property tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call the Strafford County Assessor's Office (or your town or city assessor's office) and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
Useful Strafford County Facts:
The median home value in Strafford County is between $226,060.00 and $232,140.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
How can I contact Strafford County?
You can try contacting the Strafford County local government directly with any issues the Assessor's Office can't solve. In many counties, certain property records such as deeds are kept in the county courthouse or county archives instead of at the tax assessors' office.
The county seat for Strafford County is located in the County Courthouse in Dover, which is located at PO BOX 799. You can direct your general inquiries to Strafford County with the contact info listed below.
Strafford County Phone Number
Strafford County Fax Number
Strafford County County Courthouse Address
PO BOX 799
Dover, NH 03821-0799
Useful Strafford County Links:
- City of Somersworth - Property Sales Records
- Strafford County Government Homepage
- Town of Durham - Property Tax Search
- Town of Middleton - Tax Maps
- Town of Madbury - Property Tax Search
- Strafford County View by owner or location
- City of Rochester - Property Tax Search
- Town of Durham - Tax Maps
- Town of Middleton - Property Tax Search
- City of Dover - Tax Maps
- City of Rochester - Tax Maps
- Town of New Durham - Tax & Feature Maps
- Town of Farmington - Tax Maps
- Town of Strafford - Property Tax Search
- Town of Lee - Tax Maps
- Town of Milton - Tax Bill Search
- Town of Lee - Property Tax Search
- Strafford County View by location or owner name from
- City of Dover - Property Records
- Strafford County GIS Maps
- Town of Strafford - Tax Maps
- Town of New Durham - Property Tax Search
- City of Rochester - Tax Map Search