Newport County, Rhode Island Tax Assessors' Office
343 Highland Road
Tiverton, Rhode Island 02878
Where is the Newport County Tax Assessor's Office?
While many counties have county-wide tax assessors, Newport County has four cities and towns with their own local tax assessors. If your property is located within any of these localities, see that page for your tax assessor's contact information.
What can the Newport County Assessor's Office do for me?
The Newport County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Newport County.
Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.
Submitting a Newport County property tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call the Newport County Assessor's Office at (401) 625 6709 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
Useful Newport County Facts:
The median home value in Newport County is between $380,619.00 and $396,981.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
Useful Newport County Links:
- Town of Little Compton - Property Tax Search
- Town of Jamestown - Property Tax Search
- Town of Portsmouth - Property Tax Search
- Town of Tiverton - Property Tax Search
- City of Newport - Property Tax Search
- Newport County Search by address, property ID, or address
- Town of Portsmouth - Property Sales Records
- Town of Middletown - Property Tax Search
- Town of Middletown - GIS Map
- Town of Jamestown - Property Sales Records
- Newport County Search by owner name, address, or Parcel ID
- Newport County Assessors' Office Homepage
- Newport County View by number
- Town of Tiverton - Property Tax Rolls