Washington County, Vermont Tax Assessors' Office
Where is the Washington County Tax Assessor's Office?
While many counties have county-wide tax assessors, Washington County has eleven cities and towns with their own local tax assessors. If your property is located within any of these localities, see that page for your tax assessor's contact information.
|City of Barre||City of Montpelier||Town of Barre||Town of Cabot||Town of Calais|
|Town of Duxbury||Town of Moretown||Town of Northfield||Town of Roxbury||Town of Waitsfield|
|Town of Warren|
Submitting a Washington County property tax appeal
If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.
You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.
If you would like to appeal your property, call the Washington County Assessor's Office (or your town or city assessor's office) and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.
For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.
Useful Washington County Facts:
The median home value in Washington County is between $193,270.00 and $201,930.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.
Useful Washington County Links:
- Town of Waitsfield - Maps
- Washington County View by name
- Town of Fayston - Online Tax Payments
- Town of Waitsfield - - Grand List
- Town of Barre - GIS Map
- Town of Waitsfield - Tax Maps
- City of Montpelier - - Grand List
- City of Montpelier - GIS Map
- City of Montpelier - Property Tax Search
- Town of Moretown - Property Tax Search
- Town of Middlesex - GIS Map
- Town of Warren - - Grand List
- City of Montpelier - Maps
- City of Montpelier - Property Sales Records
- Town of Warren - GIS Map
- Town of Berlin - Property Assessments