West Virginia Property Tax Assessors

Mason County, West Virginia Tax Assessors' Office

Mason County Assessors Phone Number
Mason County Assessor
200 6th Street
Point Pleasant, West Virginia 25550
Mason County Assessors Fax Number 304-675-6358 (Fax)

Where is the Mason County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Mason County Tax Assessor Office is located at 200 6th Street in Point Pleasant, West Virginia.

What can the Mason County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Mason County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Mason County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Mason County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Mason County Assessor's Office at (304) 675 2840 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Mason County Facts:

The median home value in Mason County is between $75,262.00 and $83,538.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Mason County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Mason County links are not working or are out-of-date.