West Virginia Property Tax Assessors

Pleasants County, West Virginia Tax Assessors' Office

Pleasants County Assessors Phone Number
Pleasants County Assessor
301 Court Lane, Suite 103
St. Marys, West Virginia 26170

Where is the Pleasants County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Pleasants County Tax Assessor Office is located at 301 Court Lane, Suite 103 in St. Marys, West Virginia.

What can the Pleasants County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Pleasants County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Pleasants County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Pleasants County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Pleasants County Assessor's Office at (304) 684 3132 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Pleasants County Facts:

The median home value in Pleasants County is between $83,095.00 and $95,705.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Pleasants County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Pleasants County links are not working or are out-of-date.