Nebraska Property Tax Assessors

Madison County, Nebraska Tax Assessors' Office

Madison County Assessors Phone Number
Madison County Assessor
1313 North Main Street
Madison County Courthouse
Madison, Nebraska 68748

Where is the Madison County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Madison County Tax Assessor Office is located in the Madison County Courthouse building in Madison, Nebraska.

What can the Madison County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Madison County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Madison County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Madison County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Madison County Assessor's Office at (402) 454 3311 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Madison County Facts:

The median home value in Madison County is between $96,828.00 and $104,172.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Madison County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Madison County links are not working or are out-of-date.