Oklahoma Property Tax Assessors

Sequoyah County, Oklahoma Tax Assessors' Office

Sequoyah County Assessors Phone Number
Sequoyah County Assessor
117 South Oak Street, Suite 109
Sallisaw, Oklahoma 74955
Sequoyah County Assessors Fax Number 918-775-1208 (Fax)

Where is the Sequoyah County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Sequoyah County Tax Assessor Office is located at 117 South Oak Street, Suite 109 in Sallisaw, Oklahoma.

What can the Sequoyah County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Sequoyah County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Sequoyah County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Sequoyah County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Sequoyah County Assessor's Office at (918) 775 2062 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Sequoyah County Facts:

The median home value in Sequoyah County is between $76,924.00 and $83,276.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Sequoyah County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Sequoyah County links are not working or are out-of-date.