North Dakota Property Tax Assessors

Stutsman County, North Dakota Tax Assessors' Office

Stutsman County Assessors Phone Number
Stutsman County Tax Equalization Office
511 2nd Avenue SE
Stutsman County Courthouse
Jamestown, North Dakota 58401

Where is the Stutsman County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Stutsman County Tax Assessor, Tax Equalization Director Office is located in the Stutsman County Courthouse building in Jamestown, North Dakota.

What can the Stutsman County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Stutsman County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Stutsman County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Stutsman County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Stutsman County Assessor's Office at (701) 252 9035 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Stutsman County Facts:

The median home value in Stutsman County is between $86,756.00 and $96,244.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Stutsman County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Stutsman County links are not working or are out-of-date.