Alabama Property Tax Assessors

Clarke County, Alabama Tax Assessors' Office

Clarke County Assessors Phone Number
Clarke County Revenue Commissioner
114 Court Street
Grove Hill, Alabama 36451
Clarke County Assessors Fax Number 251-275-3498 (Fax)

Where is the Clarke County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Clarke County Tax Assessor, Revenue Commissioner & Tax Sales Records Office is located at 114 Court Street in Grove Hill, Alabama.

What can the Clarke County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Clarke County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Clarke County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Clarke County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Clarke County Assessor's Office at (251) 275 3376 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Clarke County Facts:

The median home value in Clarke County is between $65,632.00 and $80,968.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Clarke County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Clarke County links are not working or are out-of-date.