Alabama Property Tax Assessors

Randolph County, Alabama Tax Assessors' Office

Randolph County Assessors Phone Number
Randolph County Revenue Commissioner
1 Main Street South
Wedowee, Alabama 36278

Where is the Randolph County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Randolph County Property Tax Assessor, Revenue Commissioner & Tax Sales Records Office is located at 1 Main Street South in Wedowee, Alabama.

What can the Randolph County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Randolph County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Randolph County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Randolph County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Randolph County Assessor's Office at (256) 357 4343 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Randolph County Facts:

The median home value in Randolph County is between $81,754.00 and $94,446.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Randolph County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Randolph County links are not working or are out-of-date.