Arkansas Property Tax Assessors

Chicot County, Arkansas Tax Assessors' Office

Chicot County Assessors Phone Number
Chicot County Assessor and Collector
108 Main Street
Lake Village, Arkansas 71653

Where is the Chicot County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Chicot County Tax Assessor, Tax Collector, and Delinquent Property Taxes Office is located at 108 Main Street in Lake Village, Arkansas.

What can the Chicot County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Chicot County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Chicot County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Chicot County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Chicot County Assessor's Office at (870) 265 8025 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Chicot County Facts:

The median home value in Chicot County is between $44,949.00 and $56,451.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Chicot County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Chicot County links are not working or are out-of-date.