Arkansas Property Tax Assessors

Craighead County, Arkansas Tax Assessors' Office

Craighead County Assessors Phone Number
Craighead County Assessor
511 Union Street, Suite 130
Jonesboro, Arkansas 72401
Craighead County Assessors Fax Number 870-933-4516 (Fax)

Where is the Craighead County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Craighead County Tax Assessor Office is located at 511 Union Street, Suite 130 in Jonesboro, Arkansas.

What can the Craighead County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Craighead County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Craighead County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Craighead County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Craighead County Assessor's Office at (870) 933 4572 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Craighead County Facts:

The median home value in Craighead County is between $103,969.00 and $110,631.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Craighead County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Craighead County links are not working or are out-of-date.