Mississippi Property Tax Assessors

Union County, Mississippi Tax Assessors' Office

Union County Assessors Phone Number
Union County Tax Assessor - Collector
114 East Bankhead Street
New Albany, Mississippi 38652

Where is the Union County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Union County Tax Assessor, Tax Collector, Delinquent Property Taxes, & Tax Sales Records Office is located at 114 East Bankhead Street in New Albany, Mississippi.

What can the Union County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Union County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Union County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Union County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Union County Assessor's Office at (662) 534 1972 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Union County Facts:

The median home value in Union County is between $75,007.00 and $82,193.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Union County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Union County links are not working or are out-of-date.