Kansas Property Tax Assessors

Cheyenne County, Kansas Tax Assessors' Office

Cheyenne County Assessors Phone Number
Cheyenne County Appraiser
212 East Washington Street
St. Francis, Kansas 67756
Cheyenne County Assessors Fax Number 785-332-8825 (Fax)

Where is the Cheyenne County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Cheyenne County Tax Assessor & Appraiser Office is located at 212 East Washington Street in St. Francis, Kansas.

What can the Cheyenne County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Cheyenne County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Cheyenne County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Cheyenne County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Cheyenne County Assessor's Office at (785) 332 8830 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Cheyenne County Facts:

The median home value in Cheyenne County is between $60,464.00 and $73,736.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Cheyenne County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Cheyenne County links are not working or are out-of-date.