Kansas Property Tax Assessors

Washington County, Kansas Tax Assessors' Office

Washington County Assessors Phone Number
Washington County Appraiser
214 C Street
Washington, Kansas 66968
Washington County Assessors Fax Number 785-325-2895 (Fax)

Where is the Washington County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Washington County Tax Assessor & Appraiser Office is located at 214 C Street in Washington, Kansas.

What can the Washington County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Washington County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Washington County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Washington County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Washington County Assessor's Office at (785) 325 2236 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Washington County Facts:

The median home value in Washington County is between $49,681.00 and $57,519.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

Useful Washington County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Washington County links are not working or are out-of-date.