Kansas Property Tax Assessors

Greenwood County, Kansas Tax Assessors' Office

Greenwood County Assessors Phone Number
Greenwood County Appraiser
311 North Main Street
Greenwood County Courthouse
Eureka, Kansas 67045
Greenwood County Assessors Fax Number 620-583-6013 (Fax)

Where is the Greenwood County Tax Assessor's Office?

The Greenwood County Tax Assessor & Appraiser Office is located in the Greenwood County Courthouse building in Eureka, Kansas.

What can the Greenwood County Assessor's Office do for me?

The Greenwood County Tax Assessor's Office oversees the appraisal and assessment of properties as well as the billing and collection of property taxes for all taxable real estate located in Greenwood County.

Contact the assessor's office if you need help with paying your property taxes, applying for a homestead exemption or other tax exemption, reporting upgrades to your home, appealing your property tax assessment, or verifying your property records.

Submitting a Greenwood County property tax appeal

If you believe that your house has been unfairly overappraised (i.e. appraised at a value higher than the true market value of the property), you can attempt to get your home re-appraised at a lower value by contacting the Assessor's Office to submit a property tax appeal.

You will have to submit a form describing your property and sufficient proof that it is overassessed, including valuations of similar homes nearby as evidence. If your appeal is accepted, your home assessment (and property taxes) will be lowered as a result.

If you would like to appeal your property, call the Greenwood County Assessor's Office at (620) 583 8131 and ask for a property tax appeal form. Keep in mind that property tax appeals are generally only accepted in a 1-3 month window each year.

For more information and example appeals, see how to appeal your property taxes.

Useful Greenwood County Facts:

The median home value in Greenwood County is between $47,521.00 and $57,279.00. Property tax rates are based on property values.

How can I contact Greenwood County?

You can try contacting the Greenwood County local government directly with any issues the Assessor's Office can't solve. In many counties, certain property records such as deeds are kept in the county courthouse or county archives instead of at the tax assessors' office.

The county seat for Greenwood County is located in the County Courthouse in Eureka, which is where the Greenwood County Assessors' Office is also located. You can direct your general inquiries to Greenwood County with the contact info listed below.

Greenwood County Phone Number


Greenwood County County Courthouse Address

County Courthouse
311 N Main St
Eureka, KS 67045-1321

Useful Greenwood County Links:

Links broken? Please contact us if any of our Greenwood County links are not working or are out-of-date.